Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Borderling Buddies!!




This week Susan challenged me to make a 6x6 or 8x8 Recipe card. I will admit, the challenge challenged me a little bit. As you all know (well Susan's friends do not) I mainly do cards. A few 3D items but the majority of my posts are of cards.

Anyways here is my recipe card, I ended up going with the larger size due to the recipe when I printed it off from the internet. Ok now your all wondering have I even made these!! I did actually this past December (ok November) for the two cookie exchanges I joined. I needed something that was a)quick b) easy c) something that I can make ahead and either freeze or leave in the fridge. Reason being was last fall we were back and forth to Kelowna BC for fertility treatments, and both of the cookie exchanges were just days after we got back.


Just going to add a couple of notes about this recipe, I used the multicolored marshmellows. Second note is I also had a nut allergy in the one swap, so I used one of the nut free butters made with soy nuts. Tasted just about the same, mind you it did have a tad bit of crunch to it because of the soy nuts. Or maybe soy is a seed? I'm not sure, we can eat peanut butter here at our house.

I have one more item to mention, the heart die cuts were left over from two of my previous posts, however I used my brand spanking new toy to emboss them. I used our brand new Sizzix Textured Boutique. This item is available for $36.95, if you add in three embossing folders (any of your choice) you can choose one item from our Sale-a-bration catalog for FREE. The two embossing folders that I used today were Decorative Dots (one of the items from the Sale-a-bration catalog) and Stylish Stripes folder which was in the Holiday mini 2013 catalog and is on the carry over list.

Here is Susan's link: http://susan-stampinsue.blogspot.ca/ and go check out her sample which was posted earlier this morning.

Thanks for lookin' and have a Stampin' day!

No comments:

Post a Comment