Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Borderling Buddies!!

Hi and good morning. I'm writing today from my laptop, in my makeshift craft room in my dining room. Ok now your asking yourself, why is Leanna stampin' in her dining room now? I was scheduled to attend a trade show on May 3-4 in Quesnel BC. Anyways, I drove all the way there, and had unloaded my two folding tables. I get to my booth space, and start to build my tables. Well I went to flip the first table upright and I felt a "pop" in my right knee. This knee has been giving me some grief the past month and this was the kicker. My hubby and daughter had to drive the hour and a bit down to Quesnel to come and get me. I have been hobbling along on crutches now ever since. I have been finding my stairs are difficult for me to walk down right now so for the time being I have sat my laptop up on my table and have been creating here ever since.


This weeks challenge was mine. I choose a technique. I asked Susan if she had any babywipes at home. : ) So this weeks challenge was the Baby Wipe Technique. Here is my card that I made. I made it with the butterflies as I have a swap that requires butterflies, and I am short on cards for my many secret sisters.



There is a great tutorial at www.splitcoaststampsers.com for the baby wipe technique. It is very easy. I was doing this in front of my mom the other day and she was amazed that something as simple as a baby wipe could be used as an ink pad. I think I used to many colors that were "like" colors. If you want to go to Susan's blog at   http://susan-stampinsue.blogspot.ca/

Items used:

Stamp sets: Papillon Potpourri and Happy Day (Happy Day is on the retirement list)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: reinkers, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Pink Piroutte
Extras: Elegant Butterful punch, 1/2 pearls, dimensionals, Rich Razzleberry stitched grosgrain ribbon (retiring)

Thanks for lookin and have a Stampin' day!

No comments:

Post a Comment